Get FREE Sales Leadership Resources at go.transformedsales.com/pod
- [00:57] – From playing baseball for BYU to becoming a seasoned tech sales professional.
- [06:57] – One lesson he got from being a collegiate athlete that he applies to date.
- [09:33] – Period it took him to move from an account executive role to a sales management one.
- [10:54] – Why every sales leader should set very clear and manageable expectations with their sales team.
- [19:12] – Coaching an underperforming sales rep towards becoming a successful sales professional.
- [25:58] – Revolutionizing win-loss analysis.
In this episode of the Transformed Sales Podcast, I had a very insightful chat with Rhett Nelson, a seasoned tech sales professional with over eight years of experience in various sales positions. He is currently the Sales Director at Clozd and has worked in diverse industries such as SMB HR tech and enterprise e-commerce technology. Rhett has dealt with clients from more than 80 countries worldwide and communicated in multiple languages. He is an accomplished leader, adept at coaching, mentoring, and scaling teams. Before starting his career, Rhett played baseball for BYU, where he learned the significance of building and contributing to high-performing teams.
Rhett and the Clozd team helps sales organizations predictably improve what is arguably the most important metric in sales: Your win rate. Rhett will discuss transitioning from merely reading the box scores to actively watching game film. This pivotal conversation is one you’ll surely appreciate having tuned into. Additionally, seize the exclusive offer from Clozd: A complimentary Win-Loss Interview led by a Clozd team expert. Don’t hesitate to embrace this invaluable insight into the reactions of prospects to your engagements.
“In sales, it’s imperative that salespeople develop the ability to roll with the punches” – Rhett Nelson
“The largest barriers that prohibit us from reaching our goals are typically the barriers that we impose upon ourselves” – Rhett Nelson
“Every sales leader knows that that initial dive into full leadership is always kind of a daunting one” – Rhett Nelson
“The most valuable insights relative to why you’re winning and losing, are the insights that will be pulled directly from your buyers and non-buyers” – Rhett Nelson
- If you recently lost a big deal, or had an important customer churn and you don’t know why, you can get some “game tape” to study. Clozd will perform a free win-loss interview for you. Just go to FreeBuyerInterview.com and fill out the form. Someone from Clozd will reach out, get some information about your company, your buyers, and your industry… then we’ll go do some buyer interviews for you to show you what you’ve been missing from your buyer’s perspective.
Learn More About Rhett Nelson in the Links Below:
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/rhett-nelson-195052bb/
- Website – https://www.clozd.com/
Connect with Wesleyne: